MIMLS Members at MLT Profession Criteria and Qualification Refining Meeting
Posted on Nov 24, 2018 by admin@MIMLS
A meeting to refine the criteria and qualification for Medical Laboratory Technologists Profession (Mesyuarat Pemurnian Kriteria dan Skop Kelayakan Profesion Juruteknologi Makmal Perubatan) under the Allied Health Professions Act 2016 (Act 774) was held on 22 - 23 November 2018 (Thursday - Friday) at the Allied Health Sciences Division (BSKB), Ministry of Health, Putrajaya.
It was attended by representatives from Ministry of Health Malaysia, Ministry of Education, public and private institutes of higher learning, private hospitals, as well as private laboratories.
This meeting was held to discuss and set up the criteria and qualification for registration of Medical Laboratory Technologists (MLT) under the Allied Health Professions Act 2016.
MIMLS was represented at this meeting by our President Ms Faridah Robiah Ismail, President-Elect Mr Khew Jye Kang (City University), Honorary Secretary Mr Tan Kian Shing (Synapse Laboratory), Honorary Treasurer Ms Kanakeswary Loganathan (Hospital Sultanah Aminah, Johor Bahru), Council Members Ms Harvinder Kaur Lakhbeer Singh (University of Malaya Medical Centre) and Ms Boob Pa Init (MOH Training Institute for Medical Laboratory Technology - ILKKM TMP), and members Ms Thangamalar Ramakrishna (Hospital Tengku Ampuan Rahimah, Klang), Ms Rafidah Mohamad (Kolej Sains Kesihatan PPUM), Mr Mohd Fahmi Mastuki (Universiti Teknologi MARA), Mr Loh Hong Huat (Penang Adventist Hospital), Mr Leong Leng Chee (Hospital Lam Wah Ee, Penang) and Ms Sumitha Mahathevan (Quantum Diagnostics).
Other attendees who were present at this 2-day meeting include:
- Mr Abdul Rahman Bakar (Head of MLT Profession, Ministry of Health Malaysia)
- Ms Wan Nor Azma Wan Salleh (Pusat Darah Negara)
- Mr Hamzah Mohamed (Jabatan Kesihatan Negeri Pahang)
- Mr Afni Abu Bakar (Hospital Raja Perempuan Zainab II, Kota Bharu)
- Ms Siti Subkhiah Satari (Makmal Kesihatan Awam Kebangsaan)
- Mr Edwin Pasak (Hospital Umum Sarawak)
- Mr Mathew Chua Kai Cheng (Klinik Kesihatan Tanah Puteh, Kuching)
- Mr Ronald Anak Rumpa (Hospital Umum Sarawak)
- Mr Bendaman Yanggau (Jabatan Kesihatan Negeri Sabah)
- Ms Noor Adida Hassan (Institut Latihan Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia)