MLT Profession Standard of Practice Meeting
Posted on Sep 9, 2017 by admin@MIMLS
09 SEPTEMBER 2017
A meeting on Standard of Practice for Medical Laboratory Technologists with Diploma and Degree (Mesyuarat Standard Amalan Profesion JTMP Diploma dan Ijazah) was called by the National Union of Medical Laboratory Technologists, Ministry of Health Malaysia (Kesatuan Kebangsaan Juruteknologi Makmal Perubatan, KKJTMP) on 9th September (Saturday) at the National Blood Centre (PDN), Kuala Lumpur.
It was attended by representatives from Ministry of Health Malaysia, Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia, private institutes of higher learning, as well as private sector.
This meeting was held to discuss about the scope of work for Medical Laboratory Technologists (MLT) with diploma or degree qualifications, which will be submitted to the Allied Health Professions Council for approval and eventually being enforced under the Allied Health Professions Act 2016 (Act 774).
MIMLS was represented at this meeting by our President Mr. Badarul Zaman Abdul Aziz (Allied Health Sciences Division, Ministry of Health Malaysia), Past President Mr. Lim Back Seng (Academician), and Council Members Ms. Harvinder Kaur Lakhbeer Singh (University of Malaya Medical Centre), Mr. Khew Jye Kang (Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, City University) and Mr. Tan Kian Shing (Synapse Laboratory).
Other attendees who were present at this meeting include:
- Mr. Abdul Rahman Bin Bakar (Head of MLT Profession, Ministry of Health Malaysia)
- Ms. Wan Nor Azma Bin Wan Salleh (Pusat Darah Negara)
- Mr. Mohd. Asri Bin Yamin (Makmal Kesihatan Awam Kebangsaan)
- Mr. Mohd. Norazlan Bin Abd Karim (Bahagian Pengurusan Latihan, Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia)
- Mr. Muruges A/L Perumal (Hospital Tuanku Ja'afar)
- Ms. Rafidah Mohamad (Kolej Sains Kesihatan Pusat Perubatan Universiti Malaya)
- Mr. Rosmadi Bin Baharin (Pusat Perubatan Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia)
- Mr. Haily Liduin Koyou (Universiti Selangor)
- Dr. Izuddin Fahmy Abu (Universiti Kuala Lumpur)
- Dr. Reezal Ishak (Universiti Kuala Lumpur)
- Ms. Nur Shukriyah Bt. Mohd. Nazir (Universiti Kuala Lumpur)
- Mr. Muhamad Hasrulnaim (Pathology & Clinical Laboratory (M) Sdn. Bhd.)